So you’re in Manhattan looking for something delicious and cheesy. Where should you go?
The Big Apple is well-known for this popular triangular food, and we’re not just talking about the classic slices. With over 61,000 pizzerias in the U.S. and an estimated 100 acres eaten per day, there is an overwhelming amount of choices. Lucky for you, we’ve got you covered in the Manhattan area. From wood-fired to deep dish, we’ve rounded up the best and most notorious pizza places across this part of town.
- Location: Mulberry and Kenmare St.
- Type of Pizza: Wood-fired, Neo-NY style pizza
- Popular Choice: Littleneck Clam (garlic, lemon, broccoli rabe, and cream)
- Specialties: Brilliant wine
- Location: 626 Hudson St.
- Type of Pizza: Brick-oven pizzas
- Popular Choice: San Gennaro Pizza (sweet Italian sausage, caramelized onions, roasted red and yellow peppers, ricotta cheese, and San Marzano tomato sauce)
- Specialties: They support local, sustainable, organic practices
- Location: 83 1st Ave.
- Type of Pizza: Detroit-style square pizzas
- Popular Choice: The Emmy (banana peppers, red onion, ranch, and side sauce)
- Other specialties: Equipped with a full bar with local draft beer and an extensive wine selection. They have a great happy hour selection at the bar every Monday-Friday, and lots of white pizza options!
- Location: The Redbury New York Hotel, 29 E 29th St.
- Type of Pizza: Thin, “crackly-crusted” Roman pizzas
- Popular Choice: Funghi (fontina, mozzarella, hen of the woods, chanterelles, oyster mushrooms, red onion, thyme)
- Other specialties: The dining space can hold up to 30 people per party, and you can get Marta’s delivered to you anywhere in the world!
- Location: 989 1st Ave
- Type of Pizza: New York-style pizzas “with a modern twist”
- Popular Choice: The DoughDici Pizza (It’s $38 because the dough cold-ferments for three days before rising over 12 hours and finally being baked into a two-inch-high pie!)
- Other specialties: When the DoughDici isn’t available…the Famous Spinach Dip Slice!
- Location: 77 Fulton St.
- Type of Pizza: Interactive, build-your-own custom pizza
- Popular Choice: It’s up to you! You make and eat your own pizza, alongside appetizers and bottomless red and white wines.
- Other specialties: Perfect for a night out with friends, corporate outings or team-building events, date nights, birthdays, bachelorette parties, etc. You can even opt to get luxury transportation and professional photos!
If you’re looking to make the move to Lower Manhattan, Brooklyn, or Park Slope so you’re always in close proximity to these delicious dining establishments, contact us
today. We would love to assist you in finding the perfect Brooklyn real estate or homes for sale in NYC. To get the inside scoop on all things lifestyle in New York, read our other blog posts here